BREEAM is a voluntary green building sustainability rating system established in the UK
Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) assesses the performances of buildings over a wide range of environmental issues to produce a rating of either PASS, GOOD, VERY GOOD, EXCELLENT or OUTSTANDING.
TÜV SÜD ensures that your business complies with the various BREEAM assessment criteria, thereby making your portfolio more attractive with the inclusion of BREEAM certified buildings.
What the BREEAM sustainability rating criteria includes
One of the most common and internationally recognized certification schemes for sustainability in buildings, BREEAM’s rating system involves a wide range of assessment criteria to appraise the performance of a building.
BREEAM’s assessment criteria include the following:
- Energy and water use
- Internal environment (health and well-being)
- Management processes
If your building complies to the BREEAM sustainability rating system, you can expect it to be considerably cheaper to run/operate than non-BREEAM-certified buildings. This is because sustainable buildings save significantly on energy and thus costs. You can also expect to mitigate your risk while increasing the value of your assets and the retention rates of your tenants.
Benefits of working with TÜV SÜD to obtain a BREEAM certification
- Ensure that your project is ready for certification at the design stage by working with our BREEAM Accredited Professionals (AP) who will offer advisory services regarding all aspects of green building.
- Work alongside our certified BREEAM Assessors who will implement auditing procedures to ascertain whether the design of your project includes sufficient evidence for BREEAM certification.
- Ensure a high level of acceptance of your project due to our proven track record of independence and engineering excellence.
- Benefit from our impartiality to objectively evaluate all relevant structural and technical considerations.
BREEAM offers the following certification schemes:
- BREEAM New Construction
- BREEAM International New Construction
- BREEAM Communities
- BREEAM Infrastructure
- BREEAM In-Use
- BREEAM Refurbishment & Fit-Out
TÜV SÜD's Services
All of TÜV SÜD’s partner accredited assessors are BREEAM certified / licensed. Currently, we offer the following services:
- Design advice
TÜV SÜD’s BREEAM Accredited Professionals can provide you with complete design solutions:
- Assess the feasibilities of BREEAM certification for your project
- Formulate action plans to become BREEAM compliant
- Design reviews of mechanical and electrical systems according to BREEAM requirements
- Energy modelling and simulation to demonstrate relevant BREEAM credits
- Site visits and periodic reviews throughout the project duration.
- Green building facilitation
As BREEAM Accredited Professionals, TÜV SÜD works alongside your design team through the BREEAM certification process, exploring alternative means of meeting the objectives of the building owners, budget constraints and BREEAM assessment criteria.
During the process, we track and report the team’s progress, oversee the coordination of documentation preparation, manage the coordination of BREEAM credit interpretation requests and upon completion of the project, assist in preparing the full BREEAM documentation package for submission to the relevant Certification Body.