Ensure that You Effectively Use Eco-Friendly Building Designs
Our sustainability experts can train building management teams in building systems maintenance and help to ensure that architects, owners and builders use eco-friendly designs effectively.
We facilitate communication between your company and the relevant green building council or certification body to help you attain green building certification. This includes preparing all design and construction documents and contracts before submitting them to the relevant certification body.
TÜV SÜD provides you with the guidance necessary to navigate the requirements of national and international green building rating systems such as LEED, BREEAM and DGNB. Furthermore, TÜV SÜD plays a key facilitation role between you and the relevant green building council or certification body and ensures that your commitment to sustainability is well documented according to the requirements.
OUR GREEN BUILDING TRAINING AND FACILITATION SERVICES
Our training services address all areas of green buildings. We help you understand how to align your energy goals and practices in order to improve efficiency, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge. We can train your relevant members of staff to understand how continuous energy improvement leads to such a decrease in costs, improved corporate image, energy conservation, and reduced carbon emissions.
We offer our training in various formats including webinars, competency assessments, public training, and in-house training. Our main goal is not only to ensure that your staff is well versed in all areas of green buildings and energy efficiency, but also help keep you informed of the latest management systems and compliance issues.
Our Green Building Training and Certification Services
- Training in ISO 50001 energy management systems
- Awareness training: Ensure that your company is ready for this change and help you understand the multiple benefits that an energy management system can have on your organization
- Energy auditor training
- Technical energy manager training
- Training concerning green building rating systems (BREEAM, DGNB and LEED training)
In line with your plans to obtain certification in accordance to a green building rating system, TÜV SÜD can conduct a series of training sessions to impart knowledge concerning a specific green rating system and review the documentation processes of all major stakeholders.
- Customized training
TÜV SÜD can organize customized trainings according to your needs to inculcate good green practices in employees and occupants.
- Feasibility studies
An ideal approach to any project is to start with a feasibility study to assess its eligibility with respect to a green rating system or program.
- Design advisory
Once the eligibility of the project is established, the immediate task would be to work on the design of the project to ensure all design parameters meet the requirements of the desired rating system.
- Energy modeling and simulation
Make decisions on possible green measures with the help of TÜV SÜD’s sophisticated software and techniques in energy modelling and simulation to establish case scenarios of energy use during the building operation.
- Lighting simulation
Save on energy costs during operations by maximizing the use of natural lighting. Leverage on advanced lighting simulation software and techniques to generate photorealistic scenarios of different lighting use.
- Green building facilitation
TÜV SÜD provides you with all necessary guidance to achieve and document your commitment to meet the requirements of various green building rating systems. We will also review all design and construction documents before submission to the designated certification body and will liaise with them on your behalf to obtain the desired green building certification.
- Third-party commissioning
TÜV SÜD supports you in assessing the suitability of the equipment, systems and products which you are using in your operations.
Implementation of green measures is an ongoing process which needs to be monitored and reviewed throughout the building lifecycle.
A series of training sessions can be conducted to impart knowledge of a green rating system and a review of documentation processes for all designs, such as architect, MEP advisors, contractor, HVAC advisors, landscape advisors, etc. can be carried out. Roles and responsibilities will be assigned to each team member.
Benefits of using our green building training and facilitating services:
- Work with a global partner with local understanding of your needs and legal requirements
- Benefit from TÜV SÜD’s extensive experience in conducting training across different industry segments and subject matters
- Convenience of a one-stop high-quality service which fulfills all your green building needs
- Ensure a high level of acceptance of your project by working with TÜV SÜD, an organization with a proven track record of independence and engineering excellence
- Benefit from TÜV SÜD’s impartiality to objectively evaluate all relevant structural and technical considerations
- Work with an expert in ensuring quality and safety in construction and infrastructure, who will ensure that both safety and sustainability considerations are met